Monday, December 27, 2010

The Christmas Post

Hey there, reader. How was your Christmas?

Mine was all right. I didn't get much, but there was nothing I didn't like a lot, which is better then just getting a ton of crap I'll never need/use. My mom was so kind to egg on my Anglophilia  by getting me a year's subsription to Q, my favorite British music mag which I would otherwise pay $10 in stores to get, not to mention, I'm now a baroness!

Ever heard of the micro-nation Sealand? Probably not. Well, it's this abandoned sea for of the coast of England that declared it's independence in 1967. It's pretty tiny, with only 60 or so residents and 275 meters of property. It's got its own government, passport stamp, and is an official principality. To spread the word of Sealand and gain economic support, it sells royalty titles for 29 pounds. (You can go here for more info on Sealand.) That's right, my main Christams gift was a baroness title. Unfortunately, the certificate is taking a little while longer to come across the pond then expected, so I don't have proof yet, but I'll be sure to put up a picture of the certificate when it comes.

I spend the day of Christmas with my mom's family. It was hectic, but that's to be expected with 8 people and 3 young boys scrambling about in my grandma's apartment.

So, what did you do for Christmas? How did you celebrate it and with whom?

~Larz

P.S. Sorry for not updating on Sunday like I'm supposed to. I'm still not used to this! To make up for it, I'll be putting up a second post later on today. Thanks for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment